As a professional mediator who is not an attorney, I am in a position to speak to parties in the mediation in layman’s terms, avoiding intimidating legal terminology, and without the adversarial perspective that is a part of legal training.
My wide-ranging work and life experience contributes to an ability to understand different situations and different perspectives that parties might bring to mediation. That experience includes:
- Business Operations. Consulted on improving operations and management systems with corporations in New York City and Boston.
- Civic. Served as active member and committee member of the Greater Southwest Houston Chamber of Commerce and as member of the Greater Houston Partnership.
- Computers & Technology. Developed software applications to track and manage commercial activities at major corporations.
- Construction. Worked on and around construction of pipelines, homes, and commercial buildings in summer jobs during high school and college.
- Internet Marketing. Independent consultant assisting organizations to utilize the Internet as an effective marketing tool. Conducts regular internet marketing class at University of Houston Small Business Development Center.
- Military. Completed two combat cruises aboard a Navy carrier as a pilot and officer.
- Non Profit. Served on Board of Directors and committees of Child Advocates, Inc.
- Real Estate. Held a brokers license in the State of Texas and worked in oversight of the commercial real estate holdings of American General Corporation.
- Recreation. Maintains an active interest in bicycling for fitness and have taken bicycle tours in the western US and Canada.
- Travel. Enjoys travel and the experience of different cultures firsthand. Visited England, France, Italy, South Africa, Chile, China, Japan, and the Philippines.
Professional development training in Delphi, Paradox,, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, and other software
Past Board Member, Current Advisory Board Member, Child Advocates, Inc.
Member, The Executive Committee, a Houston networking breakfast group
Manousso Mediation & Alternative Dispute Resolution, Houston, Texas
- 40 hours Basic Mediation Certificate Program, according to state statute and standards of the Texas Mediators Roundtable.
- 20 hour Elder Care Certification
- 30 hour Advanced Family and Divorce Certification
State of Texas, Licensed Real Estate Broker, (currently inactive).
University of Texas at Austin, Completed course work for MBA (Statistics & Finance),
Texas A&M University, BA, Economics,
Association for Conflict Resolution – National and Houston Chapters